06 February 2009

New Post on Shouldn't But Do: Being Star Struck

If you live in New York, you are expected to remain somewhat ambivalent when you run into a celebrity. That’s an Olsen over there? Meh. Is that Leonardo DiCaprio? Whatever. Celebrities walk among us like “musicians” in Brooklyn, cowboys in Dallas, or fake tits in LA. Asking for an autograph is a complete faux pas. Don’t even look at them. In fact, the only acceptable celebrity to get worked up over is Barack Obama. “Our savior.”

[Read more at Shouldn't But Do.]

2 comments:

Ryan (LWM) said...

But people still get excited about me, right? That's what I'm concerned with.

Anonymous said...

hey andrea. Its jon from ohio. my new twitter name is lightspeedjonny. Im following you know. So if u want to follow me again thats my name ha. sorry for the sudden change. btw i love the winter too. from your much earlier post. so hope to see you follow me again soon!